Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Historical Meeting: Astro & Clausius in SD

1. Dec 3, 2005 #1

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Historical Meeting: Astro & Clausius in SD!!!!

Yeah man!!! Although it was a very fast meeting, we were talking in my new place at San Diego!!!. A nice guy!!. And yeah, his beard is original (I tried to pull out his beard hair and after some Astro screams I realised is beard is true!!!).

Behind a beer, Astro and myself had a nice talk about PF, about his job and some projects he has in mind, and also about my studies.

After all, I think it was like these events in which the prime minister of a country receives in his official residence to another important political personality. In this case, this picture represents the delivering of my PF Engineer Gurú to the Astronuc, the new one.

(Thinking seriously of this, I got really amazed of the event, cause 80 days before we were separated thousands of km away, and thursday we were just in the same point of the space over the surface of the Earth!!!).

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2005 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Like a true engineer, Clausius2 presented me with a challenge. I could drink it as long as I could open the bottle - without a bottle opener. :biggrin: I had to use my key ring.

It was a great please to meet Clausius2 in person. Both of us were quite busy last week, but me managed to fit in a quick visit. The BBQ will have to wait. BTW, Clausius, you missed a great stake dinner. :tongue2: Next time in SD.

Well, lets not get too formal. :biggrin: I don't want to have to wear a suit and tie. :yuck:

Oh yeah, I should say Clausius is a handsome dude, and very polite and intelligent. :wink:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  4. Dec 3, 2005 #3

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's true! He looked for a solution of how opening a beer without any opener. That's a cooool engineer!!!!. On the other hand, I chose the spanish solution: taking a Coke (a trivial but the energetically cheapest one):rofl:

5. Dec 4, 2005 #4

Lisa!

Gold Member

Yeah, that's really historical! Very nice picture. :smile:
    Astronuc, I think you're the only man who looks really cute with the beard. :approve:

6. Dec 4, 2005 #5

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

That's very cool you guys. It does make one really appreciate the internet's far reaching-ness (I know that's not a word).

BTW, I use the sharp edge of a counter top or table to get my bottle tops off without an opener.

7. Dec 4, 2005 #6

Astronuc

Yeah, it was great to meet a fellow PFer in person. I know there a more out that way. We'll have to get you out to San Diego sometime Fred. Perhaps we could do a PF Engineering Conference and Beach Party. :biggrin:

I was thinking about that option, but I didn't want to damage the counter-top or table. Clausius had just moved into that apartment.

I should probably get a bottle opener for my key ring - one that does not have sharp edges, so it won't be confiscated at airport security.

8. Dec 4, 2005 #7

Astronuc

Thanks Lisa! Actually my kids have never seen me without my beard. I have had the current beard since the first week of June, 1981, and before that I had had a beard for about 4 years. So in the last 28 years, I have been shaven (or shorn) for about 2 weeks. The beard in my current avatar is the original one.

9. Dec 4, 2005 #8

cronxeh

Gold Member

So many hippies! I cant breathe! :uhh: :tongue2:

10. Dec 4, 2005 #9

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I could have told you that.
    Glad you enjoyed yourselves. :smile:

11. Dec 4, 2005 #10

Lisa!

Gold Member

Interesting! So your beard is older than me and Clausius.:cool:

12. Dec 4, 2005 #11
    Wow, nice meeting indeed.

Clausius, how is life in San Diego ?

regards
    marlon

13. Dec 4, 2005 #12

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:blushing: :blushing:

14. Dec 4, 2005 #13

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

very good, thanks!!. Maybe my way or learning fluid mechanics is much worse than in Spain, and I am learning very little by the way. But on the other hand I am very happy with the place, the people and this whole situation is a challenge for me.

I wish some day we could meet the new PF Physics gurú (you)in SD, and make a crazy party beach. By the way today is my warming up party of my place, do you wanna come?:biggrin:

15. Dec 4, 2005 #14

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Glad you guys had a good time!

I love meeting people off the 'net for the first time. There is such a strange sense of familiarity and yet complete stranger-ness (yes, that is a word) at the same time.

Never try this with a stone counter top, or a concrete edge of any kind...

16. Dec 4, 2005 #15
    lol, you liar.
    I like the turban too
    What? that's not a turban?

17. Dec 4, 2005 #16
    don't worry, you already know enough:wink:

I really would like that, you know. Besides, Astronuc is one of the members i also would like to meet one day.

Besides, in all honesty, i am a bit jealous at the fact that you can study in the USA. I am sure this will be a very big advantage for your future career.

See ya man

regards
    marlon

18. Dec 4, 2005 #17

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am not sure about that advantage, Marlon. It would depend on WHERE I am going to begin to take advantage of it. For sure in Spain I am not going to take any advantage of it, so in order to do that I have to think if working abroad is worthy or not for me in the future. Just now, my plan is to stay here for some time after my studies and see what happens then.

19. Dec 4, 2005 #18

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Oh...twist my arm on that one! I promise that if I win the big game this week, I'll bring all of the PF engineering staff (and a few others) out to SD and we can all crash at Clausius's place.

I have a relative in Escondido...hmmm....

20. Dec 4, 2005 #19
    What a wonderful photo! And whew, they are both so good looking! Glad you two had a chance to meet.

21. Dec 4, 2005 #20
    That's really great. I've yet to meet any PFers in person myself.

The bottle opener on the key ring comes in handy.
    I even keep a cork screw in my car lol. It came in handy when I took a lovely lady to the beach with a bottle and a couple glasses to watch the sun set.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?