Historical Perspective of Queen Elizabeth's Rule

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
2,050
Reaction score
614
This won't be news to the lovely PFers who happen to be Brits or Commonwealth citizens. But this floored me - I guess I'd never really thought about it:

the%20queen%20versus%20leaders%20of%20the%20world.png


Several hundred years from now, people might not think of the latter part of the 20th century as the Cold War Era, or the Post-WW2 Era, or any other name except the Elizabethan Era. Like the Victorian Era.

What an amazing woman!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You may be making her more amazing that she really is. Your listing has all presidents, prime ministers, etc. from her birth (hence Shyan's comment I presume). It would make more sense to list only those who were in office while she was- that is, from 1952 so starting with Churchill, Truman, etc.