Hot-wire/hot-film sensor options

• Thread starter sixthspeed
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I work for a research group at my university. We are considering the use of a hot-film sensor array to characterize flow over our a portion of an airfoil in the wind tunnel. We are looking for something like the http://www.taosystem.com/products/senflex/" [Broken] sensors offered by Tao Systems. I tried searching for more options but Tao Systems was the only company I could find who offered something like this. Does anyone know of any other companies who sell something similar to the Senflex sensors?

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

boneh3ad
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
You may be able to find something from Dantec, but those are the only two companies that I know of that sell hotwire and hotfilm probes and anemometers.

I know that we have the Tao Systems hotfilms here at our lab.

Thanks for the quick reply! If you don't mind me asking, have you encountered any problems with the Tao Systems hotfilms? Are there any tips or suggestions I should know about? Also, do you guys use the recommended MACfilm adhesive or something different?

boneh3ad
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I honestly haven't done any work with the hotfilms myself, just several of my colleagues. I don't believe we have come across any problems with them as we keep using them and have been for years. I am not exactly sure how we attach them though to be honest. I work mostly with hotwires myself.