Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hot-wire/hot-film sensor options

1. Aug 25, 2011 #1
    I work for a research group at my university. We are considering the use of a hot-film sensor array to characterize flow over our a portion of an airfoil in the wind tunnel. We are looking for something like the http://www.taosystem.com/products/senflex/" [Broken] sensors offered by Tao Systems. I tried searching for more options but Tao Systems was the only company I could find who offered something like this. Does anyone know of any other companies who sell something similar to the Senflex sensors?

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2011 #2

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You may be able to find something from Dantec, but those are the only two companies that I know of that sell hotwire and hotfilm probes and anemometers.

I know that we have the Tao Systems hotfilms here at our lab.

4. Aug 25, 2011 #3
    Thanks for the quick reply! If you don't mind me asking, have you encountered any problems with the Tao Systems hotfilms? Are there any tips or suggestions I should know about? Also, do you guys use the recommended MACfilm adhesive or something different?

5. Aug 25, 2011 #4

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I honestly haven't done any work with the hotfilms myself, just several of my colleagues. I don't believe we have come across any problems with them as we keep using them and have been for years. I am not exactly sure how we attach them though to be honest. I work mostly with hotwires myself.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook