How and when did Physics Forums start, and who runs it

  • Thread starter Thread starter Elektrotechniker
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
45 replies · 11K views
Evo said:
I was made mentor 7-20-04. Just had my 2 year anniversary and NO ONE noticed. hmmpf!

I voted to make it a national holiday, Evo, but the Esteemed Leader of the Universe -- i.e. Ivan -- vetoed it. :frown:

- Warren
 
Physics news on Phys.org
chroot said:
I voted to make it a national holiday, Evo, but the Esteemed Leader of the Universe -- i.e. Ivan -- vetoed it. :frown:

- Warren
Ivan vetoed it? :devil:
 
Evo said:
Ivan vetoed it? :devil:

Yeah, he's been so.. so... Terrible ever since I gave him that damned hand trowel.

- Warren
 
russ_watters said:
Moonbear: #6344, 01-23-2004 (btw, isn't listed in the moderators list..)
All the better to sneak up on people. :biggrin: Maybe I haven't banned enough crackpots to earn my stripes yet. :smile:
 
Evo said:
Ivan vetoed it? :devil:

ME!? That's just an ugly conspiracy theory started by liberals.
 
loop quantum gravity said:
owl or something like that was monique's user name, iirc.

hmm...first it was Niqque or Nikki or something like that...then TheOwl ...then Monique

a new name for each PF reincarnation?

it's amazing to see how much PF has grown
 
hey! Thanks for the "Retired Staff" medal!
 
Phobos said:
hey! Thanks for the "Retired Staff" medal!
That's actually Greg's new incentive plan to keep the rest of the mentors from quitting...we don't want to sound so old as "retired" makes it sound. :smile: :biggrin:
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
It took me a few tries to find an adequate server and software. Each time we had to wipe the system. Ultimately it was for the best as the first year was not very productive.

Yeah Snitz wasn't that great, plus as I remember you didn't even change some defaulted files that err... publicly accessible... hehe. Anyway... I remember... :)
 
Attachments
  • logo_snitz_forums_2000.gif
    logo_snitz_forums_2000.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 550
benhartig said:
Yeah Snitz wasn't that great, plus as I remember you didn't even change some defaulted files that err... publicly accessible... hehe. Anyway... I remember... :)

Benny Boy! Long time no see! Still in portland are you? Are you lost trying to find the mac forums? :smile: :-p
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Benny Boy! Long time no see! Still in portland are you? Are you lost trying to find the mac forums? :smile: :-p

Hey Greg, no not lost, but I am still in Portland. Anyway thought I would see what I've been missed, to be honest been to busy to post on Mac or any subject oriented forum for awhile. o:)
 
benhartig said:
Hey Greg, no not lost, but I am still in Portland. Anyway thought I would see what I've been missed, to be honest been to busy to post on Mac or any subject oriented forum for awhile. o:)
You were MacTech, right?
 
Evo said:
You were MacTech, right?

Yes but lazy to request my account back, plus that name died really when I stopped posting at Spymac. :redface:
 
benhartig said:
Yes but lazy to request my account back, plus that name died really when I stopped posting at Spymac. :redface:
We were talking about you just last week. Seems a few guys fell in love with your old avatar. :-p
 
Evo said:
We were talking about you just last week. Seems a few guys fell in love with your old avatar. :-p

Yeah just check out that thread... funny thing is that what prompted me to come back to PF was me searching my "mactech physicsforums" cause I wasn't sure if Greg had wiped the forums again :-p and that thread was one of the Google results.