1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How are physics programs in Pa universities?

1. Feb 15, 2008 #1
    How are the following college for physics programs Penn State, Widener, Drexel, Blooms burg, and Carnegie Mellon University. Are there any other good colleges for physics major in Pennsylvania and Philadelphia area.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2008 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

In addition to your list, you might want to also look into:
    u. pittsburgh, u. penn, temple, penn state erie (behrend),
    swarthmore, bucknell, bryn mawr, haverford, dickinson

...in NJ, near Philadelphia, there's also princeton

4. Feb 15, 2008 #3
    Thanks I will look into those

5. Feb 15, 2008 #4
  6. Feb 15, 2008 #5
    I'm surprised to see Dickinson on the list... I live about 10 minutes from there, perhaps I'll check it you too. Though its suppose to be pretty expensive. I think the SAT score average or something to get in there is like a 1300 or something (classic score).

7. Feb 15, 2008 #6

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

8. Feb 15, 2008 #7
    I'm not sure about your area of interest, but I worked at the Villanova University Astronomy Department for two summers. Since they only grant astronomy bachelor's degrees, their undergrads are heavily involved in research. The undergrads I spoke to seemed happy with the level of education, and the department was very close-knit.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?