How Can Comsol Model Time and Space Varying Pressure in Laser Shock Peening?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
mozer911
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
TL;DR
Hello, is it possible to simulate laser shock peening process in comsol?
Hello, I am trying to learn comsol but I couldn't find how to apply the pressure that changes respect to time and space.

I have pressure function from articles that I read but couldn't implemented on comsol,

and in most studies people make the simulation with Abaqus software so I am not sure that I can make same in comsol.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Modeling this in Comsol should be not only possible but also more realistic than in Abaqus. To simulate such process in Abaqus you have to apply time- and spatially-varying pressure while Comsol allows you to model laser-material interaction directly. It’s meant for heat transfer effects but there’s a good chance it will work with mechanical effects as well (maybe after some modifications - Comsol even allows you to add your own PDE’s to model various unsupported physical phenomena).
 
FEAnalyst said:
Modeling this in Comsol should be not only possible but also more realistic than in Abaqus. To simulate such process in Abaqus you have to apply time- and spatially-varying pressure while Comsol allows you to model laser-material interaction directly. It’s meant for heat transfer effects but there’s a good chance it will work with mechanical effects as well (maybe after some modifications - Comsol even allows you to add your own PDE’s to model various unsupported physical phenomena).
thank you for your reply