How can I calculate the F-terms for chiral superfields in a no-scale model?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter ChrisVer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Model Term
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Science Advisor
Messages
3,372
Reaction score
465
In case you have the Kahler and super- potential [itex]K,W[/itex]:

[itex]K(T,S,C) = -log (S +S^{*}) -3 log ( T+ T^{*} - C C^{*})[/itex]
[itex]W(T,S,C)= C^{3} + d e^{-aS} +b[/itex]

with [itex]T,S,C[/itex] chiral super fields, [itex]b,d[/itex] complex numbers and [itex]a>0[/itex].
I tried to calculate the local F-terms arising from this. The local F-terms for the i-th chiral superfield are given by:

[itex]F_{i}= D_{i}W = K_{i}W + W_{i}[/itex]

where in the rhs the index i denotes the derivative wrt to the i-th field. eg [itex]W_{S}=\frac{\partial W}{\partial S}[/itex]

However I'm having a slight problem with the particular derivative. See what I mean...taking it:

[itex]F_{S}= K_{S} W + W_{S} = - \frac{C^{3} + d e^{-aS} +b}{S+S^{*}} -d a e^{-aS}[/itex]

correct?
On the other hand, if I try to work with the covariant derivative wrt to the conjugate fields:

[itex]F^{*}_{S}= D_{S^{*}} W^{*} = K_{S^{*}} W^{*} + W_{S^{*}}[/itex]
I don't get the complex conjugate of the above. Because in this case
[itex]W_{S^{*}}=0[/itex]
and so:

[itex]F^{*}_{S}= - \frac{(C^{3} + d e^{-aS} +b)^{*}}{S+S^{*}}[/itex]

what's the problem?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ah found the mistake... again by writing in LaTeX it became obvious- In the F* equation I needed the W* derivative as the second term...
However
In the case of [itex]F[/itex] let's say... How can I see if its module squared is simultaneously zero or not?

[itex]|F_{T}|^{2}= \frac{9}{(T+T^{*} - CC^{*})^{2}} |C^{3}+ d e^{-aS} +b |^{2}[/itex]

[itex]|F_{S}|^{2}= | \frac{C^{3} + d e^{-aS} +b}{S+S^{*}} + d a e^{-aS}|^{2}[/itex]

[itex]|F_{C}|^{2}= | \frac{3 C^{*} (C^{3}+d e^{-aS} +b)}{T+T^{*}-CC^{*}} +3 C^{2}|^{2}[/itex]
 
Last edited: