How can I correctly perform Fourier inversion of function S(q) to get G(r)?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
enrikofermi
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hi all.
I have to do Fourer inversion of an equation 7.46 but I don't know how to do that.
If anybody has any idea it wolud be very helpfull.
Inversion of S(q) is G(r).
 
Attachments
  • IMG1004.jpg
    IMG1004.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 412
Physics news on Phys.org
No. I'm learning some physics and need to calculate this to get next step, but i can't. :/
 
No, didn't. That is whole problem, to do Fourier inverse of 7.46. Sorry because it is sideways. :/
 
I have used Wolfram Alpha and got (almost) same result as I calculated earlier. (See pic) But in my book I have r instead of k in denominator. And that result in the book is fundamental! It must be correct. Where have Wolfram and me failed?
 
Attachments
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    81 KB · Views: 441