How can I design a parafoil for a 500g rocket payload?

  • Thread starter Thread starter emperley3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Design
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 6K views
emperley3
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
[SOLVED] CanSat - Parafoil Design Help

Hello-

I am designing a parafoil to control the descent of a 500g rocket payload. The payload is designed to take panoramic pictures at a apogee of approx. 2500 ft and controlled landing in a national competition (CanSat - http://www.cansatcompetition.com/Main.html ).

I am heading the construction of the parafoil and I'm considering OTS parts if they are cost-effective, or making my own using nylon or similar material if this is time effective. I am hoping you have some insight in either of these areas. I've been kite surfing a few times, and know that I don't need a parafoil anywhere near this size.

Do you know of any sites or resources for basic parafoil construction or inexpensive small parafoils to purchase? Any recommendations? Previous experience and words of wisdom?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org


emperley3 said:
Hello-

I am designing a parafoil to control the descent of a 500g rocket payload. The payload is designed to take panoramic pictures at a apogee of approx. 2500 ft and controlled landing in a national competition (CanSat - http://www.cansatcompetition.com/Main.html ).

I am heading the construction of the parafoil and I'm considering OTS parts if they are cost-effective, or making my own using nylon or similar material if this is time effective. I am hoping you have some insight in either of these areas. I've been kite surfing a few times, and know that I don't need a parafoil anywhere near this size.

Do you know of any sites or resources for basic parafoil construction or inexpensive small parafoils to purchase? Any recommendations? Previous experience and words of wisdom?
=========================================================================================================================================

WWW.parafoilaviation.com[/URL]
seabreese parachute
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Fon said:
=========================================================================================================================================

WWW.parafoilaviation.com[/URL]
seabreese parachute[/QUOTE]

i can't open diz web.y?pliz help me
 
Last edited by a moderator:


www.airfoilaviation[/URL]. com
 
Last edited by a moderator: