1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can I do physics with a delayed education?

1. Jul 22, 2015 #1
    I'm 21 years old, living in India. Due to my psychiatrists misdiagnosing my illness, I was given the wrong medicines, and due to the mental damage caused by them, my academic record is terrible. I technically haven't even passed 12th grade. Due to personal and financial issues, I can't go to college anytime soon.

What can I do to get my academics back on track and eventually go to a proper college in a few years and study physics?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 23, 2015 #2
    Study up. Move forward. Don't let the burden of an old diagnosis determine your future. If physics is something you are passionate about learning then the choice is in your hands. Get access to all the materials/course references you can. The Internet is filled with detailed explanations regarded such physical mechanics.

(As far as skills you'll need, start with Algerba 1&2, Then check out functions 1&2 (pre-calculus) then study up on your calculus. Make sure your familiar with derivatives, limits, sequences and log functions.)

Once completed; move on to physics 1&2 at the highschool level.

Only you can determine if physics is the right path for you. Either way I wish you luck on your journey.

4. Jul 23, 2015 #3
    Hope this was helpful ! What would you say about your current math skills? Are you naturally good with numbers or do you struggle with simple addition? What is it about physics which attracts you to it? These are all things to think about !

5. Jul 24, 2015 #4
    Hmm, thanks. Good motivation.

Since stopping the medicines, I’ve gotten much better at Math, but there’s still a lot I need to learn, and relearn.

6. Jul 24, 2015 #5

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Then you already have your answer, in order to get your academics back on track you need to resolve your personal/financial issues first. Once you're able to get those to a level where you feel comfortable pursing your education, you've already completed half the battle.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook