Can I do a master's in physics in the UK with a CS degree and no physics background?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wowsignal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Master Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Wowsignal
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi, I am 29 yrs old guy from India just joined this forum. I have completed BSc in computer science last year, I did not have physics in my course though Maths was there. I want to do master in Physics or any engineering field from UK, is it possible? if yes then please suggest me how to proceed.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You have a Bsc in Computer Science and had no physics at all? :s

Maybe you'll be able to get a master in physics but you'll probably need to do a year of only physics courses. If you want more details ask the programdirector of the master in physics at your university.
 
You'll have to ask someone of the physics department at your university. In your case my guess would be a year-year and half.
 
As eXorikos said, look at the prerequisites of the master program you are interested in and talk to the program coordinator. There is no simple catch-all answer.