1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics How can i get better at physics?

1. May 11, 2016 #1
    I barely made a B on my final grade for physics 2325, even though I studied very hard for that class. I spend weeks and nights studying and I made Cs and Bs on my tests, and I made a 68 on my final :(. I have taken calc 3 and got an A but I have never taken a physics class and i am hoping to get better over the summer. But how do I get better at it!!? I am thinking of getting a minor in physics, i ended up loving it, even though I feel like I failed! I am hoping in becoming an mechanical engineering, should I reconsider my career choice?

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2016 #2
    How do you study for physics? Do you read the sections over and over, or do you spend most of your time solving the problems?

4. May 11, 2016 #3

QuantumQuest

Gold Member

I agree to Mondayman. You first have to reconsider the way of studying. I think that this is probably the main problem. It is absolutely necessary to study the text but you definitely need to put enough time and concentration on solving problems - particularly hard ones. There is plenty of books and material for this on the net, besides your textbook(s).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted