How Can I Improve Readability of White Paper Under Desk Lamp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter flyingpig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Light Paper
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
flyingpig
Messages
2,574
Reaction score
1

Homework Statement



Okay, I am using my desk lamp right now to see better when I read, but it's making it more difficult to read because my texts are white sheeted based and it's reflection is making it impossible to read


The Attempt at a Solution



I don't have color filters, so I need a good solution.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Use Polaroid glasses. Usually reflect lights are polarized. Polaroid gases block that light giving good resolution.
 
Pick up the sheet of paper. You are trying to read something on the paper. There is a line from the eye to the object you are reading and another line from the light source and the object. Adjust the angle between the two lines. This sounds very astract, but actually it is quite easy and the angles are not at all critical. It is a common problem when the desk light is not adjustable and the object to be read has to sit flat on a desk because it is large and heavy. If a desk light is to provide most of the light then it needs to be very adjustable.
Max