How can I incorporate physics jeopardy prompts into my teaching for forces?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mishima
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 6K views
mishima
Messages
576
Reaction score
43
I came across an '99 American Journal of Physics article here and like the idea presented. I've noticed the book my school bought employs this method in its problems sets at times. I am looking for a collection of prompts to use with this teaching method, specifically for forces.

And yes, of course I could write my own, but that takes time. I was hoping someone might have an experienced collection. I just think these would be great for review. Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Check out a website like teacherspayteachers.com. They might have some for sale there.
 
Cool site, thanks. They had a "physics jeopardy" but not the same kind of thing from the journal article. The article is about prompting students with certain mathematical formulations such as

F(normal) - (60kg)(9.8m/s^2) = 0

Then having students pose a related question.