How can I learn physics as a kinesthitics learner?

In summary: Feynman's Lectures assume some knowledge of Calculus about half way through Vol I and assumes a god knowledge of algebra, geometry and trig throughout.This is a really good advice! You should definitely make sure you have a firm understanding of calculus before you start Feynman's lectures.Also, math is very important, so make sure you are solid in it.
Feelsgreatman
Summary: need advice

Not to take up too much time but my purpose is to see some advice for my journey in the rules to the universe. BTW I'm a freshman in high school and a lot of the kids in the physics club say "You should read Feynman's lectures on physics to start" even though people say you shouldn't really do it unless you understand math very well (I finished most of ap physics 1 for a khan academy course). Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread to ask.

(P.S My guess is lab work combined with some other learning styles like auditory or visual.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Feelsgreatman said:
Not to take up too much time but my purpose is to see some advice for my journey in the rules to the universe.
Welcome to PF! Could you be more specific about what your goals are?

You are worrying too much about the hyperbolic figurative descriptions and recommendations that you have heard from other people. While still early in high school, Study Mathematics starting with Algebra 1, and continue onward each year from this; study Earth Science, and as soon as officially qualified, the Physics course available at your high school. This advice is important but not nearly enough. Other members no doubt may have more to add.

Your title of topic asks how to learn if you're a "kinesthetic" learner. This is irrelevant. Or maybe MOSTLY somewhat irrelevant. Natural Sciences usually will have laboratory exercises & activities. This is about at kinesthetic as can usually be done for helping in study and learn Natural Sciences. Including Physics.

Likes BvU and berkeman
My best learning of Physics in the 9th grade was through a Physical Science class with excellent laboratories. The math was not too hard - mostly 3 letter formulas.

You might read Feynman and see how that goes. But he also has lots of videos available that high school students I've mentored have found more informative and inspiring than reading the lectures. You might start here:

Likes russ_watters and berkeman
russ_watters said:
Welcome to PF! Could you be more specific about what your goals are?
My end-all goal is to help achieve a better understanding of the universe (basically invent stuff), yet I find that in order to get to that level, you need to work your way up the ladder. I'm currently learning Feynman's lectures (because people in my physics club recommended it to me) in order to solve problems from f=ma exams.

Feelsgreatman said:
My end-all goal is to help achieve a better understanding of the universe (basically invent stuff),
Those two are very very very different goals. Search for Understanding is what most of natural science is. Designing things and Inventing is the application of the sciences and is what Engineering is all about.
yet I find that in order to get to that level, you need to work your way up the ladder.
okay.
I'm currently learning Feynman's lectures (because people in my physics club recommended it to me) in order to solve problems from f=ma exams.
Go ahead. No harm in doing that.

It is important to remember not to try to advance too quickly. It is very important to master the basics. Assure that you will be prepared for the challenges of physics by establishing a firm background in math. Feynman's Lectures assume some knowledge of Calculus about half way through Vol I and assumes a god knowledge of algebra, geometry and trig throughout. Be solid in your math ability.

1. How can I use hands-on activities to learn physics as a kinesthetic learner?

As a kinesthetic learner, you can benefit from incorporating hands-on activities into your study of physics. This can include building models, conducting experiments, and participating in simulations. These activities allow you to physically engage with the concepts and make connections between theory and practice.

2. What are some strategies for incorporating movement into my physics learning?

To learn physics as a kinesthetic learner, you can try incorporating movement into your studying. This can include pacing while studying, using hand gestures to visualize concepts, and even acting out scenarios related to the material. These strategies can help you better understand and remember the concepts.

3. How can I use real-world examples to learn physics as a kinesthetic learner?

As a kinesthetic learner, you may find it helpful to relate physics concepts to real-world examples. This can include using everyday objects to demonstrate principles or participating in activities that apply physics concepts to real-life situations. By connecting the material to your own experiences, you can better understand and retain the information.

4. Are there any specific study techniques that are beneficial for kinesthetic learners studying physics?

Some study techniques that may be beneficial for kinesthetic learners studying physics include creating flashcards with diagrams and images, using interactive online resources, and practicing problem-solving through hands-on activities. These techniques can help you engage with the material in a way that suits your learning style.

5. How can I use technology to enhance my learning as a kinesthetic learner studying physics?

Technology can be a valuable tool for kinesthetic learners studying physics. You can use virtual simulations and interactive videos to visualize and understand complex concepts. Additionally, there are many online resources and apps that offer hands-on activities and interactive exercises to help you learn physics in a kinesthetic way.