Interested to learn Physics, But I don't know what to learn!

I like to learn Physics related to my career. I'm a software Engineer with good development experience in Java.
Looking to find ways how can I use Java with Physics

Likes Zacarias Nason

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Welcome to the PF.

Maybe start with Hyperphysics, and ask specific question you have after that reading here. :smile:

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Welcome to the PF.

Maybe start with Hyperphysics, and ask specific question you have after that reading here. :smile:
This Hyperphysics?

I think HyperPhysics is combination of all subject of Physics... But Let me go narrowly.

Which part of Physics concepts we can use in software development to develop a practical real application products.???

collinsmark
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Which part of Physics concepts we can use in software development to develop a practical real application products.???
All of them, more-or-less. :wink: [Edit: Pretty much any gadget or piece of instrumentation these days that interacts with the real world has some sort of embedded, software-based algorithms.] I suppose it's all up to your creativity and imagination.

Is there anything in particular you had in mind to create?

Last edited:
Dembadon
Gold Member
I think HyperPhysics is combination of all subject of Physics... But Let me go narrowly.

If you can be more specific, as collinsmark mentioned, we can give you some focused examples.

However, off the top of my head I can think of one area of software that could use some love: RF design. Specifically, programs that implement E&M concepts. I've been using SEMCAD a lot for my senior project and find it incredibly frustrating to use at times. Something akin to Sonnet as far as ease-of-use/intuitiveness goes, but still lets me design things like co-planar waveguides1, would be great.

1 Can't do this in Sonnet because you're unable to edit/manipulate the GND plane. =(

********BackGround Context to answer the below questions***********

I'm interested in making

1. Robots than can cook foods.
2. Robots can help humans cultivate various crops.

For software related stuff, I started studying Machine learning and algorithms.

I studied Physics in high school in 2001, after that I have interest now to learn physics.

********BackGround Context to answer the below questions*****

What Part of Physics need to be studied to construct such a robot to perform mechanics related stuff?. I looked into physics, it has such a broad area of subjects.

My Thoughts arose after thinking about robots, raised questions in physics

Question 1:
To perform any actions in robots we need a motor or any device which giving output forces or movements.
I like to invent some simple techniques to generate force or work(To make robot move like a human it requires 100's of motors).
What Kind of Physics Subjects I need to study here(like magnets, current ?)

Question 2:
Vision related stuff, How make to robot to perceive vision like human.
What Kind of Physics Subjects I need to study here ?(Like optics)

Please answer the two questions!