How Can I Obtain Thin Films for DSC Analyses of P3HT PCBM?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tufnatufna
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Thin films
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
tufnatufna
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hi

I want to do DSC analyses of P3HT PCBM film (active layer of the solar cell), but I'm not sure how to obtain that thin layer separately from the substrate. You know that the containers for DSC are very small.
I tried with drop casting but I think it's not the best way because I don't have the same structure as for the solar cell.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
you could just include the substrate. Is it a solid substrate? it probably won't react near the same temperatures as the polymers.
Or you could spin coat p3htpcbm on si or siox wafers and run DSC on wafer chips.