nukeman
- 651
- 0
I know you can order deuterium oxide (d2o), but can anyone tell me how I can get different permutations of heavy water? Semi heavy water? And so on...?
Thanks
Thanks
Enthalpy said:You can't, because hydrogen jumps between the molecules. You know, the H30+ and OH- story.
So all you can specify is what proportion of deuterium you want - usually sold quite pure, you might dilute it if you really wanted.
In which case, sample A would probably mix with the water in the insects body anyway, leading to some form of HDO automatically.nukeman said:Ok let me try and explain. Please let me know ok? Thanks for great info so far!
Ok, let's say I want to test Deuterium on a biological system (like a insect)
My GOAL is to give Sample A to a insect, which I hope to be Deuterium Oxide (d20)
Then...Give Sample B to another insect, and I want sample B to contain deuterium, but have a different vibration frequency as sample A. So, I was thinking if I had a sample of anything containing deuterium, but different structure.
Plus sample C would be simply Water (h2o)
Make any sense?