How can I restart the Print Spooler service on my XP Home system?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 37K views
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
24,697
Reaction score
9,101
Quite some time ago, I stupidly disabled some services via msconfig on my XP Home system. One of them was the print spooler. I haven't been able to print or reinstall my printer drivers since. I've tried poking around in msconfig but can't find it again.

Can someone help me restart it?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Go to Start > Run. Type 'services.msc' and when the list is presented, click on the list of items, type the letter p to jump to the services starting with P. "Print Spooler" should be one of them. Double click it. Set the startup type to "Automatic" and make sure it's started.
 
"Could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Nevermind. Found the dependency list.


THANKS Z!
 
Last edited: