How can I set up fractions on my TI-89 calculator?

  • Topic: Calculators 
  • Thread starter Thread starter phillipb115
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fraction Ti-89
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 30K views
phillipb115
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Ok, so I have a TI-89 Titanium Edition calculator. I want to know how to setup fractions on it. Like I want to be able to do it like on a regular scientific calculator where you somethign like 2 Ab/c3 and then that would give you 2 over 3 (2/3). Is it possible to set up a fraction in the calcualtor like that? I know it wouldn't be the same button and stuff, but how would I do it? Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
A fraction can be set up by simply formatting it as a division term. If you want to add, say, 3/7 and 8/13, just type 3 (divided by) 7 (plus) 8 (divided by) 13. The solution will appear as 95/91, the exact solution, or you can have the approximate solution by pressing the diamond key before entering the expression.