Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can I study in deep DNA computer?

Tags:
  1. Oct 2, 2011 #1
    I'm an italian high school student, and I decided to do an in-depth study about DNA computer as final-thesis, that we have to make at the end of our final high school year, and whose function is a sort of introduction to the oral exam.

Now, my question is: where can I found useful information about this very particular and not well known field?
    I would really like to read some books, but my fear is that they're too difficult. My knowledge is not so wide: I've a good background in biology, anatomy, chemistry, physics, math, but mine is the level of a well prepared high school student, not much more. I've also a very good knowledge about information technology, that is my biggest hobby.
    So, do you have some advice about what books I can read?

EDIT: I'm not sure about the right sub-forum in which I should post this tread. I politely ask moderators to change its path if it is not correct.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2011 #2
  4. Oct 2, 2011 #3
    Pretty useful. I wonder what I would do without your help.

I'm not asking a random book-title about DNA computing. I'm asking about someone who already knows this field and could help me finding proper resources, tailored to my knowledge.

5. Oct 2, 2011 #4
    sigh....I presume you didn't click on the link.

Did you try Wikipedia? In case you don't know there are plenty of resources at the bottom of the page. Many of them quite understandable to a layman. However in order to do a serious science project, it would be extremely helpful to do some thorough research on the topic before proceeding.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  6. Oct 2, 2011 #5
    I clicked the link. And I discovered that I have alredy visited that page. As well as similar ones (ie "DNA computer", "DNA informatic application" and so on). I'm not used to ask for help before trying by myself.

Anyway, thank you for the tip. I read Wikipedia page, but I didn't think to the bottom linked resources. Thank you!

7. Oct 2, 2011 #6
    You are welcome.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook