How can this French teacher improve their physics homework on tides?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
lesieux
Messages
17
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Hello, I am a French teacher who teaches physics in English. I've proposed to my pupils this work about the tides.http://vfsilesieux.free.fr/2deeuro/Thetides.html"
I would very much enjoy any kind of correction (vocabulary, grammar, ideas) to improve the quality of this work (questions + corrections).
Thanks in advance for your help.


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



It would certainly benefit from the inspection of a native English scientific eye.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org


Lesieux,

i am a native English speaker, and I read over your link on the tides. I found it to be almost perfect, and had difficulty suggesting any improvements. The only thing i could find (and this is a very minor point), is that I would typically not use the verb "to stand" in the way you used it in the description of the inverse square law. I would just say, "if an object is two times closer to the moon, it will experience a gravitational force one-fourth as large. However, there is nothing wrong with it the way you wrote it, and I had no trouble understanding it.