1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can we get enough water to a skyscraper 50+floors

1. Apr 29, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    -What formulas can I use to demonstrate that I can send enough water to the 52th level of a skyscraper in NYC, specifically to a modern Recreational Bathing Center which will need alot of water supply for possibly 200-300 users at a time?

-Should I disregard the idea of using the regular municipal water supply system & to incorporate it into the new installations or should I consider it?

-What are the possible problematic factors that I will have to deal with (in terms of Hs pressure & any physic factor)

-What missing information do I need to demonstrade that this can be done?

I don't look for precise numbers just a possibility with estimations and maybe other ideas to provide the transportation of a massive quantity of water to the very top of a skyscraper...
    If anybody could help me with this I would really appreciate it, any info is valuable!

2. Relevant equations

P= ehg ?

3. The attempt at a solution
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2010 #2
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  4. May 3, 2010 #3
    Archisoul you have posted an equation which could be useful but you have added a question mark beside it.I suggest that you familiarise yourself more with the equation ,consider how,if at all you can use it and then report back here.
  5. Nov 25, 2011 #4
    atmospheric water maker,make water where needed (solar powered ecoloblue ?) twitter as extrapile
  6. Nov 25, 2011 #5
    How much water do you need? How high do you need it? How often do you need it? Them are the 3 questions I would start with. You can calculate the gravitational force you will need to overcome also. Read up on Fluid Dynamics. Not entirely sure, but I think Bernoullis equation and SFEE(Steady Flow Energy Equation) might come into this, but don't quote me on it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook