Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: How can we get enough water to a skyscraper 50+floors

1. Apr 29, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    -What formulas can I use to demonstrate that I can send enough water to the 52th level of a skyscraper in NYC, specifically to a modern Recreational Bathing Center which will need alot of water supply for possibly 200-300 users at a time?

-Should I disregard the idea of using the regular municipal water supply system & to incorporate it into the new installations or should I consider it?

-What are the possible problematic factors that I will have to deal with (in terms of Hs pressure & any physic factor)

-What missing information do I need to demonstrade that this can be done?

I don't look for precise numbers just a possibility with estimations and maybe other ideas to provide the transportation of a massive quantity of water to the very top of a skyscraper...
    If anybody could help me with this I would really appreciate it, any info is valuable!

2. Relevant equations

P= ehg ?

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2010 #2
    removed

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  4. May 3, 2010 #3
    Archisoul you have posted an equation which could be useful but you have added a question mark beside it.I suggest that you familiarise yourself more with the equation ,consider how,if at all you can use it and then report back here.

5. Nov 25, 2011 #4
    atmospheric water maker,make water where needed (solar powered ecoloblue ?) twitter as extrapile

6. Nov 25, 2011 #5
    How much water do you need? How high do you need it? How often do you need it? Them are the 3 questions I would start with. You can calculate the gravitational force you will need to overcome also. Read up on Fluid Dynamics. Not entirely sure, but I think Bernoullis equation and SFEE(Steady Flow Energy Equation) might come into this, but don't quote me on it.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook