How can we get enough water to a skyscraper 50+floors

  • Thread starter Thread starter ARCHISOUL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Water
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
ARCHISOUL
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


-What formulas can I use to demonstrate that I can send enough water to the 52th level of a skyscraper in NYC, specifically to a modern Recreational Bathing Center which will need a lot of water supply for possibly 200-300 users at a time?

-Should I disregard the idea of using the regular municipal water supply system & to incorporate it into the new installations or should I consider it?

-What are the possible problematic factors that I will have to deal with (in terms of Hs pressure & any physics factor)

-What missing information do I need to demonstrade that this can be done?

I don't look for precise numbers just a possibility with estimations and maybe other ideas to provide the transportation of a massive quantity of water to the very top of a skyscraper...
If anybody could help me with this I would really appreciate it, any info is valuable!



Homework Equations



P= ehg ?




The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
Archisoul you have posted an equation which could be useful but you have added a question mark beside it.I suggest that you familiarise yourself more with the equation ,consider how,if at all you can use it and then report back here.
 
atmospheric water maker,make water where needed (solar powered ecoloblue ?) twitter as extrapile
 
How much water do you need? How high do you need it? How often do you need it? Them are the 3 questions I would start with. You can calculate the gravitational force you will need to overcome also. Read up on Fluid Dynamics. Not entirely sure, but I think Bernoullis equation and SFEE(Steady Flow Energy Equation) might come into this, but don't quote me on it.