How can we use hints to prove divisibility of Fibonacci numbers?

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter evinda
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
evinda
Gold Member
MHB
Messages
3,741
Reaction score
0
Hello! (Wave)

I want to show that if $m=n^{13}-n$ and $n>1$ then $30290 \mid F_m$. (Hint: Show first that $a^{13} \equiv a \mod{2730}$.)

$F_m$ is the $m$-th Fibonacci number.I have shown the hint as follows:

$2730=2 \cdot 3 \cdot 5 \cdot 7 \cdot 13$.

Using Ferma's little theorem, we deduce that $a^{13}\equiv a \pmod{5}$, $a^{13}\equiv a \pmod{2}$, $a^{13}\equiv a \pmod{3}$, $a^{13}\equiv a \pmod{7}$ and $a^{13}\equiv a \pmod{13}$.Since $2,3,6,7,13$ are all relatively prime, we deduce that $2730 \mid a^{13}-a$.

But how can we use the fact that $a^{13} \equiv a \mod{2730}$ in order to deduce that $30290 \mid F_m$ ? (Thinking)
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hey evinda! (Wave)

I think we need another hint.
Something like $n\mid m \Rightarrow F_n \mid F_m$.
Can we use that? Or something else? (Wondering)