How Can Weighting Opponent Ranking Impact Tennis Player Statistics?

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter itzvenom95
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ranking Weight
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 1K views
itzvenom95
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I have the following table.
Sem Títul2o.jpg

I would like to know how to give an weight to the "12 Month Median Ranking of Opponent" so it changes other two columns depending on how high/low the ranking is.
To put this into perspective, this is regarding tennis players. On the spreadsheet I can have two players facing each other that have the same "12 Month Service Points Won" of 40%. Although Player A has a "12 Month Median Ranking of Opponent" of 300 and Player B of 100. Although the percentages are the same the player who managed to get a 40% "12 Month Service Points Won" against an "12 Month Median Ranking of Opponent" of 100 is extremely better than Player A that managed to get the same 40% against a "12 Month Median Ranking of Opponent" of 300.
I would like a formula to tackle this issue.

Let me know if I wasn't clear on any of my explanation.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Here's another photo that might help with this problem.

Sem Títul2o.jpg
I would like to come up with a formula that takes the ranking of opponent into account, giving more or less value to the other two columns.