How Can You Treat Papillomavirus on Your Finger?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
I don't remember the details.In summary, for treating warts on fingers, there are several options available including freezing with a specialized device, applying tetterwort sap, and using over-the-counter medicine patches. It may take several months for the warts to completely disappear, but the end result is usually successful. It is recommended to consult a doctor or pharmacist for the best treatment option.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Its growing on my finger, what can i do?

Physics news on Phys.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wart#Treatment

I had a few warts on fingers when I was 22. I went to a place were they had a device that could freeze them. The device has a small metal cylinder that gets really cold. They cut away as much as they could with a scalpel (this doesn't hurt or bleed if they do it right), and then they held the cold cylinder to the wart for a while. It took a large number of treatments (around 12 I think) before they were completely gone, but the final result was great. My fingers looked as if the warts had never been there, and the warts never came back.

Go see a doctor/pharmacist.

Apply tetterwort (Chelidonium majus) sap every other day for several months. At lest that's what I did and it helped.

Several months!? :D you can buy some cheap bandaid type medicine patches that treat it in a couple weeks

Greg Bernhardt said:
Several months!? :D you can buy some cheap bandaid type medicine patches that treat it in a couple weeks

It was over thirty years ago.

Related to How Can You Treat Papillomavirus on Your Finger?

What is papillomavirus?

Papillomavirus, also known as human papillomavirus (HPV), is a common virus that can infect the skin and mucous membranes of humans. There are over 100 types of HPV, and some can lead to serious health conditions such as cervical cancer.

How is papillomavirus transmitted?

Papillomavirus is primarily transmitted through skin-to-skin contact, usually through sexual activity. It can also be transmitted from mother to baby during childbirth or through non-sexual skin-to-skin contact.

What are the symptoms of papillomavirus?

Many people with papillomavirus do not experience any symptoms. Some types of HPV can cause genital warts, while others can lead to abnormal changes in cells that may eventually become cancerous.

Is there a cure for papillomavirus?

There is no cure for papillomavirus, but the body's immune system can often clear the virus on its own. Treatment options for symptoms such as genital warts or abnormal cell changes may include medications or procedures to remove the affected tissues.

How can I protect myself from papillomavirus?

The best way to protect against papillomavirus is to practice safe sex, such as using condoms, and getting vaccinated against certain types of HPV. It is also important to have regular screenings and follow-up care with a healthcare provider to detect any potential health issues related to HPV.