How Did the EV1 Achieve Greater Range Than the Volt Despite Older Technology?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 6K views
rewebster said:
its too bad they can't make a cheap (<$5k) electric car with a range of about 60 miles-

--I can see a lot of people buying a second or a third car just for local driving as most people's trips are only about 25-30 miles in cars.
India's gasoline Tata Nano is $2500
http://jalopnik.com/343003/the-2500-tata-nano-unveiled-in-india
I expect they could get together with some of the neighborhood EV people and do it for $5k ($3k batteries=60 miles)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
mheslep said:
The topic of this thread is Electric Car Range. Those post are discussing TBI, etc. I wander off myself all the time, never the less the rules are

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374"

The safety and feasability of producing energy to power electric cars is essential to reasonable discussion of their range. One of the newest high yield plants 'blowing up' seems relevant given that the discussion has ranged (rimshot) to the means of producing power to charge batteries.

I agree that a page or two dedicated to the issue of the plant explosion would be too much, but we're talking about 3 posts. Then also, this thread had been dead for 8 days without your input, so why bring it back to life, JUST to complain about a forum technicality?

This thread will probably be locked now, instead of just dying naturally. So sad. :cry:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Frame Dragger said:
The safety and feasability of producing energy to power electric cars is essential to reasonable discussion of their range. One of the newest high yield plants 'blowing up' seems relevant given that the discussion has ranged (rimshot) to the means of producing power to charge batteries.
Ok, sure.

I agree that a page or two dedicated to the issue of the plant explosion would be too much, but we're talking about 3 posts. Then also, this thread had been dead for 8 days without your input, so why bring it back to life, JUST to complain about a forum technicality?
Because I hoped to improve things for future threads FD, and give this thread a chance of continuing a pace.