Trogdor Messages 8 Reaction score 4 Thread starter Mar 24, 2004 #1 How do I calculate the static coefficient of friction using the equation tanè = µ when I only have the mass and angle?
How do I calculate the static coefficient of friction using the equation tanè = µ when I only have the mass and angle?
Trogdor Messages 8 Reaction score 4 Mar 24, 2004 #2 that was suppose to be a tan theta thing but it came out as a funky e. just to clear that up so u not confuzzled
that was suppose to be a tan theta thing but it came out as a funky e. just to clear that up so u not confuzzled
ShawnD Science Advisor Messages 715 Reaction score 2 Mar 24, 2004 #3 You just said how [tex]\mu = tan(\theta)[/tex] [tex]\mu[/tex] is the coefficient of friction. [tex]\theta[/tex] is the MAXIMUM angle an object can be on a slope without slipping. I could prove it for you but I really do not want to do that right now.
You just said how [tex]\mu = tan(\theta)[/tex] [tex]\mu[/tex] is the coefficient of friction. [tex]\theta[/tex] is the MAXIMUM angle an object can be on a slope without slipping. I could prove it for you but I really do not want to do that right now.
ShawnD Science Advisor Messages 715 Reaction score 2 Mar 24, 2004 #5 Just curious, but why did you ask how to do it then post how to do it?