How Do I Calculate the Position of a Mass Pole System Under Applied Force?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mabauti
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mass Pole System
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
mabauti
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
I want to know the x,y position at the time t of this system when I apply a force in the direction showed, how do I find it?

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7937/systemfr8.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
We respectfully request students (and others) to show some effort and work.

This is a problem in which a torque is applied at a pivot to which a mass is attached by a moment arm, which in this case has length 11 (no units specified). The mass m is also not specified, and it's not clear whether or not the mass of the connecting arm (or rod) has a mass.

The position as a function of time will depend on the moment of inertia of the moment arm and mass, m, and the applied torque.

Here is a nice reference - http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/mi.html

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/n2r.html#n2r
 
sorry for the delay Astronuc >_<.

What I want, is to know the transient response to an impulse input to that system. The length of the rod is L1 and massless
 
Here is something I made, can someone correct my homework?

Maybe Mabauti can calculate the solution for me, so I can see how the thing rotates in function of time.
 
Attachments
Last edited: