How Do I Calculate the Rebound Heights of a Dropped Golf Ball?

  • Thread starter Thread starter manal950
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
manal950
Messages
177
Reaction score
0
Hi all

A golf ball is dropped from a height of 10 m on a fixed steel plate. The coefficient of restitution is 0.894 . Find the height to which the ball rebounds on the fist ,second and third bounces ?

this solving for teacher I don't understand clearly can please explain step by step

u1 =root(2gh)
velocity of plate before and after impact
u2= v2 = 0
e(u1 - u2 ) =V2-V1
e(root(2gh) - 0 ) = ( 0 - V1)
V1 = -e X root(2gh)
V^2 - u^2 = 2gh now u = zero
so
V1 = 2gh1
h1 = vb^2/2g
h1 = e^22gh/2g
h = e^2 X H (from this can find each height )

Now I want from you explain the solving In fact I don't understand the solving of my teacher
 
Physics news on Phys.org
acuuly all parts I don't understand

why u = =root(2gh) why not zero

from where this equation V^2 - u^2 = 2gh

please can explain to me step by step