How do I convert mol/L to g/cm^3

• Thread starter alexisonsmith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Convert
In summary, to convert mol/L to g/cm^3 for refrigerant R134a, you need to find the molecular weight (mass per unit mole) for R134a. Multiply the mol/L value by the mole weight to get grams/L, and then convert the liters to cm3. To find the molecular weight for R134a, you can use a search engine such as Google to search for "r134a molecular weight."
alexisonsmith
How do I convert mol/L to g/cm^3 , I am wanting to know this for the refrigerant R134a from which the value I have is 5.0308 mol/L and I am wanting to convert it to g/cm^3

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org

You need molecular weight (mass per unit mole) for R134a. Multiply mol/L times mole weight to get grams/L then convert the liters to cm3.

ok, but I am having problems finding the mass per unit mole I think it is about 0.1050 Kg but I am not sure...

1. How do I convert mol/L to g/cm^3?

To convert mol/L to g/cm^3, you will need to know the molecular weight of the substance in question. Then, use the following formula: g/cm^3 = (mol/L) x (molecular weight).

2. What is the molecular weight and how do I find it?

The molecular weight is the sum of the atomic weights of all the atoms in a molecule. It is typically listed on the substance's chemical formula. If not, you can find it by looking up the atomic weights of each element in a periodic table and adding them together.

3. Can I use any units for mol/L and g/cm^3?

Yes, as long as the units are consistent. For example, you can use mol/L and g/cm^3 or mmol/L and kg/m^3. Just make sure to convert all units to the same base unit before performing the calculation.

4. Is there a difference between molarity and density?

Yes, molarity (mol/L) measures the concentration of a substance in a solution, while density (g/cm^3) measures the mass per unit volume of a substance. They are related, but they are not the same thing.

5. How do I know if my conversion is correct?

You can check your conversion by comparing it to known values or by doing the calculation in reverse. For example, if you know the density of a substance is 1.5 g/cm^3 and its molecular weight is 50 g/mol, you can calculate the molarity as 1.5 g/cm^3 / 50 g/mol = 0.03 mol/L. Then, if you convert 0.03 mol/L back to g/cm^3 using the formula in question 1, you should get 1.5 g/cm^3.