How do I cope with the loss of my beloved cat, Sandy?

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
In summary, Chopnik's beloved cat Sandy died today and he is feeling very sad. He has pictures of Sandy and is comforted by his tribdog. He has lost six cats and is sorry to hear that Jimmy has lost his fifth.
Of course my sympathies go out to jimmy p, and so I'll offer a tip based on my current strategy which developed out of, among other things, not wanting to strand a pet likely to outlive me. Befriend a neighbor’s cat by sitting outside with tasty treats designed to lure it a little nearer each day until at last you can pet it. If your neighbor does not have one, consider having one delivered to their doorstep by an anonymous stranger…
The latter tactic is a desperate and devious method, while the former comes with ego-boost-trip-high of knowing someone else’s cat really likes YOU more than ‘master’, muwahaha (servant, actually, when you understand cats, but I digress…). The benefits include such things as veterinary costs being paid by another, guaranteed home for animal following you own demise and, more importantly for you, decreased likelihood of knowing when the animal has died (it will just stop coming around). I’ve been at this for a couple of weeks but so far only have seen a couple of dogs (considering employing the devious method very soon).

Good luck!

Physics news on Phys.org
jimmy, i am so sorry to hear about your sandy :frown: she looks so cuddly and loving. i have never lost a pet because i haven't had many, but you have my condolences. this past may, i just got a new kitten for our family and gives us so much joy and laughter because of her little personality. i hope she lives a long life. :smile:

You know what Jimmy, I actually feel for you (a little).
We recently had to put my parents dog down due to kidney failure. But I guess you could say it was a blessing in disguise to have her put down. After suffering months being half blind, deaf, starting to have seizures, fat, maggots on her derriere twice, it was time. Sad but kindof funny seeing a quite hairy dog running (more like waddling) around with a shaved butt.

Mike

Hey! You sound kind of like tribdog!

Any relation? :biggrin: