How do I cope with the loss of my beloved cat, Sandy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
38 replies · 6K views
jimmy p said:
That's right, roll with the punch. You know I love you really!

No, I just went to the gym and drained some body builders, so I have testosterone to spare... maybe you need some. :-p
did you suck it out of them yourself?

Call me crazy but I don't see a picture of a cat. Are you sure there really was a cat? Did your cat disappear when you started taking your medication?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
did you suck it out of them yourself?

Call me crazy but I don't see a picture of a cat. Are you sure there really was a cat? Did your cat disappear when you started taking your medication?

No, I hired some goons to collect it.

Uh, try scrolling down or getting a faster connection. Medication?? Oh... for the homicidal tendencies? nah... stopped that ages ago.
 
Sandy is such a pretty cat! :approve: What counts is he felt very loved and had a good life with you. :smile:

and you still have tribdog. :wink:
 
Oh, she's SO sweet! She looks snuggly. Did she like to snuggle? And what a pretty color she has! What color is she? DARK ORANGE?!? (LOOK IVAN! IT'S AN ORANGE CAT! (ivan and i have this fun thing going on about the color of our cat... :redface: sorry...)

nice image uploader... :cool:
 
awww..shnoogins.. (I talk baby talk when I see kitty cats - can't help it). What a sweet picture!
 
Of course my sympathies go out to jimmy p, and so I'll offer a tip based on my current strategy which developed out of, among other things, not wanting to strand a pet likely to outlive me. Befriend a neighbor’s cat by sitting outside with tasty treats designed to lure it a little nearer each day until at last you can pet it. If your neighbor does not have one, consider having one delivered to their doorstep by an anonymous stranger…
The latter tactic is a desperate and devious method, while the former comes with ego-boost-trip-high of knowing someone else’s cat really likes YOU more than ‘master’, muwahaha (servant, actually, when you understand cats, but I digress…). The benefits include such things as veterinary costs being paid by another, guaranteed home for animal following you own demise and, more importantly for you, decreased likelihood of knowing when the animal has died (it will just stop coming around). I’ve been at this for a couple of weeks but so far only have seen a couple of dogs (considering employing the devious method very soon).

Good luck!
 
jimmy, i am so sorry to hear about your sandy :frown: she looks so cuddly and loving. i have never lost a pet because i haven't had many, but you have my condolences. this past may, i just got a new kitten for our family and gives us so much joy and laughter because of her little personality. i hope she lives a long life. :smile:
 
You know what Jimmy, I actually feel for you (a little).
We recently had to put my parents dog down due to kidney failure. But I guess you could say it was a blessing in disguise to have her put down. After suffering months being half blind, deaf, starting to have seizures, fat, maggots on her derriere twice, it was time. Sad but kindof funny seeing a quite hairy dog running (more like waddling) around with a shaved butt.

Mike
 
Hey! You sound kind of like tribdog!

Any relation? :biggrin: