rasikan Messages 21 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jan 30, 2007 #1 Homework Statement F1Cosx and F2CosX2 and F1Sinx and F2Sinx2 I need to draw each force vector as an arrow ? how do I do that?
Homework Statement F1Cosx and F2CosX2 and F1Sinx and F2Sinx2 I need to draw each force vector as an arrow ? how do I do that?
Sojourner01 Messages 371 Reaction score 0 Jan 31, 2007 #2 You need to tell us what F1 and F2 are before we can be any help. Without definitions, these are no more vectors than I am a top hat.
You need to tell us what F1 and F2 are before we can be any help. Without definitions, these are no more vectors than I am a top hat.
cristo Staff Emeritus Science Advisor Messages 8,145 Reaction score 75 Jan 31, 2007 #4 Well, pick a coordinate system (say the x-y axis). Then the force F1=(100cos20, 100sin20). Since these are just numbers, you can plot the point (100cos20, 100sin20). Join this point to the origin, and you have your force vector. Similarly for F2 Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
Well, pick a coordinate system (say the x-y axis). Then the force F1=(100cos20, 100sin20). Since these are just numbers, you can plot the point (100cos20, 100sin20). Join this point to the origin, and you have your force vector. Similarly for F2
berkeman Admin Messages 69,783 Reaction score 25,631 Feb 1, 2007 #5 Thread moved from Advanced Physics to Intro Physics.