How do I indent proofs with tabs in WinEdt LaTeX?

  • Topic: LaTeX 
  • Thread starter Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Latex
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Messages
2,394
Reaction score
4
How can you create tabs in WinEdt for LaTeX on a PDF file?

When I write a proof, I want it to be indented in by one tab. How do I do that?

Note: The simple press tab does not work.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It's ugly, but you could (ab)use the quote environment for it. Also, if you use AMSMath there is probably an option to set the appearance of the proof environment.
 
The amsthm class provides macros that give a lot options to customize the layout of a proof. A .pdf file describing this package is at ftp://ftp.ams.org/pub/tex/doc/amscls/amsthdoc.pdf .
 
Last edited by a moderator:
D H said:
The amsthm class provides macros that give a lot options to customize the layout of a proof. A .pdf file describing this package is at ftp://ftp.ams.org/pub/tex/doc/amscls/amsthdoc.pdf.

That's exactly what I needed!