How do I know what product to I get from the reaction between 2 molecules?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
jaalcare
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I need to know what is the product I would get from the reaction between Linolenic Acid 8http://dl.clackamas.edu/ch106-06/images/fatty10.jpg) and Luteolin (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/f/f9/20070124191456!Luteolin.png)

I think Linolenic Acid would act as an acid and Luteolin as a base, so it would be an acid-base reaction.

I would say that the alcohol from linolenic acid would attack the oxygen with the double bond from luteolin but I think I need to get water as a product from and acid-base reaction. I don't know if the would just bond, or the molecules would break apart...

Thanks for the help!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Ever heard of a condensation reaction? A common one is alcohol-acid ester formation.