How Do I Navigate Workplace Dynamics as a New Employee?

• Thread starter dumbobie
  • Start date
In summary: You can build relationships and interact with others without compromising your values or becoming someone you're not. Just be authentic and treat others with respect, and you'll be fine.
dumbobie
I am going to work for a company, things on my mind now should be the same as those on yours many years ago. I have asked several people but I think I should also post to ask many of you here to perhaps with a small spark of hope able to get some more advice and realize some considerations to more seriously take to better be or psyche myself up a little. Please answer...Truly, I am really worried.
In my family I am the oldest, I just graduated from a local college, not a good one, but I already got a job as a physician for a pharmacy company. I am not worrying about if I can do the work/tasks assigned, but only about how I can deal with people around. My parents have only two of us, and I am lucky to have been well indulged since I was born and it is then of course impossible for me to let anyone sit on my head if he is not my boss. Would you tell me your experience over the first time you started your job ? How terrible was it ? Did anyone make you suffer, full-stressed, how did you free yourself ?

Physics news on Phys.org
What are you asking? What do you think is going to happen when you get to work?

if you cannot take directions you will have trouble working for others.

presumably as a physician (with only a poor college degree?) you should have some autonomy.

What you learn quickly when dealing with lots of different people is to be patient, don't get upset easily, and just have fun meeting and interacting. If you take it all personally you'll just stress yourself out. Don't worry about it, if you don't have the social skills necessary for that job, you'll pick it up pretty quickly.

Thank you

Aneleh said:
What you learn quickly when dealing with lots of different people is to be patient, don't get upset easily, and just have fun meeting and interacting. If you take it all personally you'll just stress yourself out. Don't worry about it, if you don't have the social skills necessary for that job, you'll pick it up pretty quickly.
I really don't like arse sux'ers, how can I be a sux'er ?
The company I am going to work for, as I have been 'observing' is completely filled with arse sux'ers. Be careful if you want to do businesses with physicians, you know. Something you see today will not be true tomorrow. I always like human interactions, meeting and funnily chatting. I have learned so much from my mothers(I have some, my father is not a good man I know, but he is manly beautiful, that is why). I thank them very much, I see how the truth is, just by what they, have taught. True !
Rreally like to learn from them, I am glad.

Last edited:
dumbobie said:
I really don't like arse sux'ers, how can I be a sux'er ?
The company I am going to work for, as I have been 'observing' is completely filled with arse sux'ers. Be careful if you want to do businesses with physicians, you know. Something you see today will not be true tomorrow. I always like human interactions, meeting and funnily chatting. I have learned so much from my mothers(I have some, my father is not a good man I know, but he is manly beautiful, that is why). I thank them very much, I see how the truth is, just by what they, have taught. True !
Rreally like to learn from them, I am glad.

What? Being friendly with your colleagues is not "arse sucking".

Related to How Do I Navigate Workplace Dynamics as a New Employee?

1. What is the significance of your experience?

The significance of an experience can vary depending on an individual's perspective and values. However, it can generally be defined as the meaningful or impactful effects that the experience has on a person's life or understanding of the world.

2. How did this experience impact you?

The impact of an experience can also vary for each individual. It can range from a small change in mindset to a major life-altering event. Some experiences may have a positive impact, while others may have a negative impact. It ultimately depends on the individual's perception and the nature of the experience itself.

3. Can you provide any scientific evidence to support your experience?

As a scientist, it is essential to rely on empirical evidence and data to support any claims or experiences. If possible, I would conduct research and gather data to support my experience. However, some experiences may be subjective and difficult to quantify scientifically.

4. How does your experience relate to existing scientific theories or concepts?

Many experiences can be explained or understood through existing scientific theories or concepts. As a scientist, I would analyze my experience and compare it to established theories and concepts to gain a better understanding of its significance and potential impact.

5. Have you shared your experience with other scientists and what are their thoughts?

I believe it is important to discuss and share experiences with other scientists to gain different perspectives and insights. I have shared my experience with other scientists, and their thoughts and feedback have helped me to further analyze and understand my experience.