How do water behave with no gravity - video
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 5K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,697
- 9,102
Cool!
hypatia
- 1,192
- 10
Wow, I want a Sphere of Water to play with!
zoobyshoe
- 6,514
- 1,255
I'd like a pair of them. Maybe it's cause I'm a guy.hypatia said:Wow, I want a Sphere of Water to play with!
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,697
- 9,102
zoobyshoe said:I'd like a pair of them. Maybe it's cause I'm a guy.
They're obviously real...
Loren Booda
- 3,115
- 4
A great way to study the spherical harmonics of Bessel functions, or the evolution of planetoids.
Thrice
- 258
- 0
The whole set can be found http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/station/crew/exp6/spacechronicles_videos.html. I didn't see them on youtube.
Last edited:
fargoth
- 318
- 6
ice109 said:i don't really agree that that is demonstration of a standing wave
sure it is, the rice is vibrated off the parts with amplitude to the nodes, and that's why you get these shapes... it's mapping the nodes.
Similar threads
Undergrad
Make Water Behave Like In Space -- Video
- Newtonfalls
- · Replies 10 ·
- Mechanics
- Replies
- 10
- RAP1234
- · Replies 11 ·
- Engineering and Comp Sci Homework Help
- Replies
- 11
- bluemoonKY
- · Replies 3 ·
- Chemistry
- Replies
- 3
- red65
- · Replies 3 ·
- Chemistry
- Replies
- 3
- chris2112
- · Replies 2 ·
- Optics
- Replies
- 2
High School
How do water drops generate electricity?
- VertexOperator
- · Replies 23 ·
- Mechanics
- Replies
- 23
- jWald
- · Replies 5 ·
- Electromagnetism
- Replies
- 5
- Fphy91
- · Replies 2 ·
- Mechanics
- Replies
- 2
- arashmh
- · Replies 62 ·
- Mechanics
- Replies
- 62
- GoldenEagles
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanics
- Replies
- 8