How Do You Calculate Gyro Outputs from Aircraft Attitude and Movement Data?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter nyc863
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Forces Gyro Plane
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
nyc863
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
If I have roll pitch and yaw attitude of a plane, and roll pitch and yaw rates relative to Earth frame, and xyz accelerations on the pilot, how do I back-derive the x y and z outputs of a pretend gyro installed on said plane?

The forces the gyro will report will not be the the roll pitch and yaw rates relative to the earth, I've got some math that uses drift correction, matrices and euler angles to take this gyro output and re-create the roll pitch and yaw attitude of the plane along with the rates they are changing and I want to test the math out in simulated flights (the sim being the one that provides the numbers I mention in paragraph 1).

thanks
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org