How Do You Calculate Molal Volume from Molar Volume and Molecular Weight?

  • Thread starter Thread starter physstudent1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Volume
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 12K views
physstudent1
Messages
267
Reaction score
1
The exact question I have to answer isn't about Molar and Molal volume but I need molal volume to plug into the equation for diffusivity coefficients. I have the molar volume of vitamin E 603cm^3/mol and its MW 430.7 and I need to find its molal volume cm^3/(g*mol) but I'm getting pretty confused can anyone help
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hana Gebre
Physics news on Phys.org
Molarity (in units of mol/L, molar, or M) or molar concentration denotes the number of moles of a given substance per liter of solution. (Wiki)

Molality (mol/kg, molal, or m) denotes the number of moles of solute per kilogram of solvent (not solution). (Wiki)

What are the details of the problem?