How Do You Find the Density of a Cylinder?

  • Thread starter Thread starter westside
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Density
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
westside
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Im a senior high school now and I am so happy. I miss junior days esp. chemistry.
My problem right now is..hmm.. i forgot how to get the density of the cylinder

V=2[tex]\pi[/tex]r2h
thats the formula of the cylinder right?
and I am confuse..
r2=0.200m ->do i have to multiply it 2 times?

thanks you peeps :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
westside said:
Im a senior high school now and I am so happy. I miss junior days esp. chemistry.
My problem right now is..hmm.. i forgot how to get the density of the cylinder

V=2[tex]\pi[/tex]r2h
thats the formula of the cylinder right?

The volume of a cylinder is [itex]V=\pi r^2 h[/itex], where r2 means [itex]r\times r[/itex].
 
Copy!

For example
V= 10L
r2=0.200m
h=15
=3.14

And the answer is? formula of the density is D=m/v right? how to get it?

:(
 
westside said:
Copy!

For example
V= 10L
I presume L means litres.
r2=0.200m
h=15
=3.14

And the answer is? formula of the density is D=m/v right? how to get it?
Well, you could do with knowing the mass of the fluid in the cylinder (I'm just guessing that this is a cylinder with fluid in, mainly due to the L)

It would help if you wrote down the question exactly as worded in your textbook, or wherever it's coming from, to save me from having to guess!