How Do You Solve for t in the Equation 2h = vt + gt^2?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dominus96
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Math equation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
dominus96
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
I've already done the Physics part, but now I am stuck with the equation 2h = vt + gt^2

It's just a variable problem, so no numbers are involved, just variables. Now I just need help solving for t.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
dominus96 said:
I've already done the Physics part, but now I am stuck with the equation 2h = vt + gt^2

It's just a variable problem, so no numbers are involved, just variables. Now I just need help solving for t.

You have a quadratic equation, so you'll have to solve for "t" using the quadratic formula.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadratic_equation

Does this help?
 
Wow I'm an idiot...that was really obvious. Thanks, lol.