How grain size affects polarization and resonance frequency in ferroelectric materials

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Pamin
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
development of microwave technology enhanced the the used of ferroelectric materials. how to relate the growth of grain size with polarization and also effect on resonance frequency.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
I believe, compare to piezo and pyro, Ferro got better dielectric properties for high dielectric microwave apps such as in DRA. In terms of grain size, it is depending on atomic radii of the materials, of course will affect perovskite structure for example by introducing dopant into based materials (titanate-based). Polarization occurred due to displacement of an atom from one site to another site, which creates an electric field which induced dipole moment. However, I don't understand, how the material's structure affects the resonance frequency (the mechanism of frequency resonates on grain). Is it grains vibrate with each other and then come out with one nice curve.. ? (I'm newbie here. I'm delightful to hear any ideas and please correct me if I'm wrong.. :)