How is hydrogen gas liquefied in industry?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sheissy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gas Hydrogen
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Sheissy
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I've been looking around on the net for some information on how Hydrogen gas is converted to liquid in industry. However, I haven't had too much success. If anyone could help me understand the basic process I would be very grateful.

What I currently know is that the Hydrogen needs to be at 20-30K and a high pressure to condense. I also read something about lowering the temperature of the Hydrogen to 70K then expanding it to reduce its temperature further. I assume this would be followed by pressurizing the Hydrogen to finish this process?

Thanks a ton!
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org