How long for 35kg mass to double speed with 55N force?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
Chris18
Messages
12
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A body of mass 35kg moving with velocity Vox=40m/s is subjected to a constant Force of 55N acting in the same direction.How long does it take the speed to increase twice?

Homework Equations


I would be grateful if anyone could give me hand to solove it after i find the acceleration a= F/m...

The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
I assume it means, how long does it take for the speed to double.
Are you familiar with the SUVAT equations?
 
I am to the most of them... Still I don't know which one to use. Could you give me a hand here?
 
Chris18 said:
I am to the most of them... Still I don't know which one to use. Could you give me a hand here?
In the usual form, there are five variables and five equations. Each equation involves a different four of the variables. Typically, you know three values and wish to find a fourth. So pick the equation involving those four.