How many grams of NaCl are needed to make a 2M stock solution?

  • Topic: Chemistry 
  • Thread starter Thread starter liam91
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Calculation Molecular
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
liam91
You have to show your attempts at answering the question, this is a forum policy. Also, all homework like questions should go to homework forum.

Homework Statement


- How many grams of NaCl (molecular weight = 58 Da) would you have to dissolve in 50ml to make a 2M stock solution?

The Attempt at a Solution


I have thought about simply multiplying 58 by 0.1 = 5.8 g, but am not sure if this is correct.

It's just the daltons that are throwing me a bit off, also I wasn't too sure if i should be implementing n = m/M.

Thanks everyone.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
liam91 said:
I have thought about simply multiplying 58 by 0.1 = 5.8 g, but am not sure if this is correct.

Where did you got 0.1 from? (Note: I am not saying it is wrong, I am just asking where it came from).