How much would you pay to see Pacquiao vs. Mayweather?

• Thread starter Curl
  • Start date
In summary, it seems that the two fighters are not really interested in fighting each other. There may be some dispute about the drug test, but it seems that Mayweather is the one who is scared. He may be able to defend himself well, but he may not be as fast as Pac-Man.
Curl
How much would you pay to watch Mayweather Jr. fight Manny Pacquiao:

Live (at stadium)

and

Pay-Per-View (given you could see it on a 52" LCD in HD)

?

Physics news on Phys.org
$50. And I've never bought a boxing match before.

$50 - That is the market price, but if we are talking about my limit I would proabbly go $100. Is this fight happening soon is it? oh btw I prefer to watch from comfort of my home - you'd have to pay me to go to the stadium.

Id stream it for free over the internet...

$0.00

rofl it looks like nobody here even know who these guys are.

there are people who would pay 5k for a good ticket.

Curl said:
rofl it looks like nobody here even know who these guys are.

there are people who would pay 5k for a good ticket.

I know who these guys are. I meant 50 for PPV. I couldn't even think of paying for a live ticket.

I would pay $50 to see pac-man win another 12-round snoozefest.

i'd put money on mayweather. he can defend too well against pac-man who's got no power.

This would be a great fight. Pacman's offensive ability v Floyd's defensive prowess. If it does happen though the event would be atleast a year off :(.

I thought they were meant to fight a while ago, what happened?

Curl said:
i'd put money on mayweather. he can defend too well against pac-man who's got no power.

I'd go Pac-Man. I think he is fast enough to win.

qspeechc said:
I thought they were meant to fight a while ago, what happened?

Mayweather chickened out.

They would have to pay me before I watch that. And no, I have not a single clue who "Pacquino" or "Mayweather" are :biggrin:

DR13 said:
I'd go Pac-Man. I think he is fast enough to win.

Fast doesn't mean anything if you can't land. Mayweather can defend well, take power punches well, and counter very effectively. So speed is not autowin...

DR13 said:
Mayweather chickened out.

There was some dispute about the drug test, Mayweather thought he is using "power pellets" (lol) which means he's a bit scared, but I don't see why Manny didn't just take the test if there was nothing to hide. I say both are at fault, Mayweather a bit more probably.

1. How much would the average person pay to see Pacquiao vs. Mayweather?

The average person would likely pay around $100 to $200 to see the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather fight.

2. Are ticket prices for Pacquiao vs. Mayweather expected to be higher than previous fights?

Yes, ticket prices for this highly anticipated fight are expected to be significantly higher than previous fights due to the popularity and demand for both fighters.

3. Will there be different price tiers for tickets to see Pacquiao vs. Mayweather?

Yes, there will likely be different price tiers for tickets to see the fight, with prices varying based on seat location and proximity to the ring.

4. What factors contribute to the cost of tickets for Pacquiao vs. Mayweather?

The cost of tickets for this fight is influenced by various factors such as the popularity and demand for the fighters, the location and size of the venue, and the overall production costs of the event.

5. Are there any additional costs associated with attending Pacquiao vs. Mayweather, such as travel and accommodations?

Yes, in addition to the cost of tickets, there may be additional expenses for travel, accommodations, and other expenses associated with attending the fight, depending on an individual's location and plans.