How often do you get financial advice?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: Aside that, nearly every bank should have an online service where you can get access to whatever data you need.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
How often do you get financial advice? i have reams and reams of paper work but have no idea how much money i have, the last time i went to the bank was about three years ago,
i guess i am stupid but i hate dealing with these things.

Physics news on Phys.org
About every 4 months I poke my head into the bank and check on things. I plan to work harder to keep everything in order. My Mother passed away last week, and my Bother joined her yesterday. My Mothers estate is well planned, no problems there. My Brothers is going to be a nightmare for his children. I don't want my family to go through all of that.

hypatia said:
About every 4 months I poke my head into the bank and check on things. I plan to work harder to keep everything in order. My Mother passed away last week, and my Bother joined her yesterday. My Mothers estate is well planned, no problems there. My Brothers is going to be a nightmare for his children. I don't want my family to go through all of that.

So sorry for your loss hypatia, i hope you are holding up ok.

As best as can be, thank you. I'm really very worried about my 82 yr old father, he's really unconsolable.

Just about every bank I know has online account access. I know how much I have just about every day. I rarely goto the physical bank anymore.

hypatia said:

I'm sorry to hear this, hypatia. I went through something similar several years ago.

Take care.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Just about every bank I know has online account access. I know how much I have just about every day. I rarely goto the physical bank anymore.

Same here. Between online access and monthly bank statements, I have little reason to physically enter a bank. Though, I do live in a small enough town that the bank manager calls once a year just to check in and make sure all is okay, which is a nice touch. I only go in person if I want to change around accounts.

Hypatia, my condolences on your loss.

Moonbear said:
Same here. Between online access and monthly bank statements, I have little reason to physically enter a bank. Though, I do live in a small enough town that the bank manager calls once a year just to check in and make sure all is okay, which is a nice touch. I only go in person if I want to change around accounts.

I can not trust on line banking, i know it is silly but that is me, i have booked an appointment
to see a bank advisor, mainly to find out how my investments are doing, and to find out which of these papers i collected i have to keep, i really should not trust myself with money.

wolram said:
How often do you get financial advice? i have reams and reams of paper work but have no idea how much money i have, the last time i went to the bank was about three years ago,
i guess i am stupid but i hate dealing with these things.

The CAB will help put you in touch with independent financial advisers, they will also give you hints and tips to deal with finance issues. They'll even write letters to banks to tell them to pack it in. They're good like that.

Don't we all just looooove bankers ?

I sure do !

I work in a bank, so i got all the info i need on a daily basis.
Aside that, nearly every bank should have an online service where you can get access to whatever data you need.

marlon

1. How often should I seek financial advice?

The frequency with which you should seek financial advice depends on your individual financial situation and goals. However, it is generally recommended to seek advice at least once a year or whenever there are major changes in your life, such as a new job or a significant change in income.

2. Is it necessary to pay for financial advice?

It is not necessary to pay for financial advice, as there are many free resources available such as financial planning websites and workshops. However, paying for financial advice can be beneficial as it provides personalized and tailored advice specific to your individual needs and goals.

3. How do I know if I am receiving unbiased financial advice?

To ensure that you are receiving unbiased financial advice, it is important to work with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) who is held to a fiduciary standard, meaning they are legally obligated to act in your best interest. Additionally, it is important to ask questions and research the credentials and experience of your financial advisor.

4. What types of financial advice should I seek?

The types of financial advice you should seek will depend on your individual financial goals and needs. However, some common types of financial advice include budgeting, saving for retirement, investing, and managing debt. It is important to work with a financial advisor who is knowledgeable in the areas that align with your goals.

5. How can financial advice benefit me?

Financial advice can benefit you in many ways, such as helping you create a personalized financial plan, providing strategies to reach your financial goals, and offering guidance on investments and managing your finances. Seeking financial advice can also provide peace of mind and help you make informed decisions about your money.