How Often Should You Check In Online While Traveling?

• Thread starter hypatia
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, the conversation is about a member of the forum, Hypatia, who will be away for the next 6 months with limited internet access. Everyone is sending their well wishes and congratulating her on becoming a grandmother for the first time. Hypatia also mentions that she will be checking in from time to time and will share photos of her new grandson soon.
hypatia
I'll be away from home and access to the internet will be spotty, at best. I'll check in from time to time over the next 6 months. Everyone behave yourself. {hugs}

Physics news on Phys.org
hypatia said:
I'll be away from home and access to the internet will be spotty, at best. I'll check in from time to time over the next 6 months. Everyone behave yourself. {hugs}

For six months?? Where on Earth are you going??

Have you looked into visiting hours? Most places have visiting hours. And a library, where you might be able to sign out a computer in a kiosk for an hour.

hypatia said:

Let me be the first to congratulate you for finding a place that doesn't have internet access. Best wishes.

hypatia said:
Oh my! I hope this is a good thing for you hypatia! Touch in whenever you can, we'll keep a light burning for you!

hypatia said:

{hugs}

There will always be a cozy place on the couch for you!

She got a tip on a secret treasure and she ain't sharin. You know where the Ark of the Covanant is don't you? :biggrin: Wear your sun glasses when opening it up.

And Facebook too?...

Was checking out our mutual friends. Are you aware that we both have excellent taste in friends?

hmmm...

That's sounds a bit strange. Like Lecter's "I'm having an old friend for dinner."

anyways... Have fun :smile:, come back soon, :!), and don't eat anyone I wouldn't! :biggrin:

hypatia said:
I'll check in from time to time over the next 6 months.

Nice to see you checking in from time to time. Miss you. :smile:

Hi, Hy. Miss you.. :frown:

Hi Hyptia, nice to see you back!

Hypathia!

Hypatia posted Aug15-11

Nevertheless {{Hugs}} - in case Hypatia passes by and checks in.

Awwww thanks for thinking of me. Back for a few week s awaiting the birth of a grandchild.

hypatia said:
Awwww thanks for thinking of me. Back for a few week s awaiting the birth of a grandchild.

I think of you once a year, when I go snorkeling.
I also think of you every day, when I get in my truck. I don't think I'd have bought it if it weren't for you. I love my truck. :smile:

Great to see you Patty, and a wonderful reason to be back.

Baby is a Grandson !

hypatia said:
Baby is a Grandson !
Wonderful! Is this a first grandbaby? I swear you still look 21 in your pictures.

Congrats!

But I am red with envy
grumpy_borek.png
- we are grandparents of four cats, not a single toddler in a foreseeable future.

hypatia said:
Baby is a Grandson !
Congratulations to the parents and grandparents. :approve:

WB, Hy! Congrats to the parents and grandparents. Wishing him a happy, healthy life.

hypatia said:
Baby is a Grandson !

hmmm...

My immediate family, my PF family, and my FB family, all had kids in the last few days.

I wanted to tell my South African FB friend that "she changed me", was kinda weird, as he should be changing her... :-p

hypatia said:
Baby is a Grandson !

Wonderful news - welcome to the world, little one o:).

Great to see you, hypatia!

ongrats hypatia! :D

Nice Patty, congrats, I hope you can enjoy being around her many times.

Pictures?

hypatia said:
Baby is a Grandson !
Congratulations Grandmother. :)

Congratulations Hypatia!

Thanks all. Photos soon tocome. Yes... this is. The first. Of many I hope.

Congratulations!
Best wishes for you and your grandson:)

Related to How Often Should You Check In Online While Traveling?

1. What does "I'll check in from time to time" mean?

"I'll check in from time to time" means that the person will periodically communicate or follow up with someone or something at unspecified intervals.

2. Why would someone say "I'll check in from time to time"?

Someone might say "I'll check in from time to time" as a way to assure the other person that they will stay connected and maintain communication, even if it is not on a regular basis.

3. Is "I'll check in from time to time" a promise?

It can be interpreted as a promise, but it is not a firm commitment. The person may check in when they have the time or remember, but it is not a guarantee.

4. How often is "from time to time"?

"From time to time" is a vague phrase and does not have a specific frequency. It could be once a week, once a month, or even once a year depending on the person's availability and priorities.

5. Can I rely on someone who says "I'll check in from time to time"?

It is not advisable to rely on someone who says "I'll check in from time to time" as they may not always follow through with their promise. It is better to establish a more concrete and regular form of communication if possible.