How Rosie the Chihuahua Overcame the Horrors of Backyard Breeding

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: She looks like she's always smiling.In summary, poor Rosie was the product of backyard breeding and hoarding, and was severely mistreated. Despite this, she has overcome many horrors and still has a cutest nose.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Poor Rosie. People that do these things should be locked up for life.

Would you adopt this face? Could you? Do you ever consider adopting an older/sick/disfigured dog? Most people don't but Rosie the Chihuahua, who was the product of backyard breeder, is changing a few minds and hearts.

Last year, when Cinnamon Muhlbauer learned of an abandoned home in which backyard breeding and hoarding had taken place, she went there to see what she could do for the dogs that remained, and what she found was startling. There were dogs all over being inbred and neglected. When she found Rosie, her level of mistreatment (and disfigurement) was hard to absorb:

"She looked like a rat or an anteater. It was hard to figure out. So when you see that at first, it's hard to comprehend that that's a dog."

Heart breaking.

http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/im-survivor-rosie-chihuahua-overcame-horrors-backyard-193900052.html

Physics news on Phys.org
Jesus Christ. And people wonder why I have such hatred towards humans. I hope that poor dog is taken care of.

WannabeNewton said:
Jesus Christ. And people wonder why I have such hatred towards humans. I hope that poor dog is taken care of.
But then again "It's people like Cinnamon Muhlbauer and pups like Rosie that make [one] believe in the goodness and caring spirit in our world. " :approve:

At least once a day I tell Duke "I am so glad you are not a human!" He is so empathetic and clingy - not unexpected, since he was abandoned. I hope Rosie makes a full recovery. All dogs deserve a decent life - hers apparently started out quite poorly, so she will need a caregiver who can cope.

WannabeNewton said:
And people wonder why I have such hatred towards humans.

Do you really feel this way because of minor crimes like this (in the grand scheme of things)? Are you really going to generalize all humans?

InvalidID said:
Do you really feel this way because of minor crimes like this (in the grand scheme of things)?
Who are you to tell me what is a minor crime in the "grand scheme of things"? I consider this to a heinous crime. I can't understand people who think human lives are worth more than the lives of other animals, it's depressing to think such mentality is so pervasive.

WannabeNewton said:
Who are you to tell me what is a minor crime in the "grand scheme of things"? I consider this to a heinous crime. I can't understand people who think human lives are worth more than the lives of other animals, it's depressing to think such mentality is so pervasive.

I think most likely the person responsible is mentally ill. They would probably claim they love animals and care about them, and they probably do.

My wife has had many social service jobs, so I hear stories about low functioning families quite often. A common theme is hording, hording animals and neglecting the animals (as well as the kids). This isn't done for profit or maliciousness, its done because they are mentally ill.

I know Rosie has been through so much, but she still has the cutest nose ever.

1. How did Rosie's story of overcoming backyard breeding come to light?

Rosie's story gained attention when she was rescued by a local animal shelter. The shelter shared her story on social media, which quickly went viral and caught the attention of news outlets.

2. What were the horrors that Rosie faced in backyard breeding?

Backyard breeding is a term used to describe the breeding of animals without proper knowledge, care, or resources. Rosie was subjected to living in unsanitary conditions, lack of proper medical care, and overbreeding, which can lead to serious health issues for the mother and puppies.

3. How did Rosie overcome the physical and emotional trauma of backyard breeding?

After being rescued, Rosie received proper medical care, including spaying to prevent further breeding. She was also placed in a loving and nurturing environment, where she was given the attention and care she needed to recover from the trauma of backyard breeding.

4. What can be done to prevent backyard breeding and help dogs like Rosie?

One way to prevent backyard breeding is through education and awareness. People should be informed about the dangers and consequences of backyard breeding and be encouraged to adopt from reputable shelters and rescue organizations instead of buying from backyard breeders. Supporting and volunteering at local animal shelters and advocating for stricter laws and regulations against backyard breeding can also make a difference.

5. How can Rosie's story inspire others to take action against backyard breeding?

Rosie's story serves as a reminder of the resilience and strength of animals, even in the face of adversity. By sharing her story, we can raise awareness about the issue of backyard breeding and inspire others to take action to help put an end to it. Rosie's story also shows the importance of adopting and rescuing animals instead of supporting backyard breeders, as it can make a positive impact on the lives of animals like Rosie.

Back