1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to calculate any 8 digits, to two 4 digit combinations?

1. Aug 16, 2011 #1
    Could Someone tell me how to calculate any 8 digits, to two 4 digit combinations, with non of them repeating/conflicting except for the two 5's, such as

4589, 8945? the 8 digits i'm specifically interested in is 23455689?

please don't give just a formula, unless you can explain how to input on a standard calculator. thanks in advance...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2011 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

You're going to have to be clearer. I have no idea whatsoever what you're trying to say here. None of this makes any sense to me.

4. Aug 16, 2011 #3

gb7nash

Homework Helper

Maybe someone else can figure this out, but I can't tell what you're asking. Are you given two 4 digit numbers? Do you want to do something with these two 4-digit numbers and come up with some 8-digit number? What are you trying to do?

At least I'm not the only one.

5. Aug 16, 2011 #4
    it's just a theory i have for nyc's win4. i noticed that alot of the time these numbers

2,3,4,5,5,6,8,9 came up out of the various combos, in fact it came up the 2 most recent times.

http://nylottery.org/wps/portal/!ut...ttery/winning+numbers/win4pastwinning+numbers

08/16/2011 Midday 5-6-3-9
    08/15/2011 Evening 8-2-9-6

http://www.endmemo.com/math/randomorder.php

this site helped, but i'm just too lazy to try all combos until it repeats. just tell me if it's 42(guess) times or what... and how to do the formula on a standard

calculator? Remember they must not repeat/conflict except for the two 5's... hope this makes sense now! Possible additions: 7-1-0

edit: 08/16/2011 Evening 5-4-9-6

See!
    Am I Right or Am I Right? Just didn't play that combo today! Darn "2"... scan0012.jpg
    in case your wondering what "box" means, it's just that any order comprised of the winners wins...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook